PLAYTESTERS WANTED FOR MY NEW OPERATION: "WE FIGHT AND DIE HERE"

Here's the Operation description, any of you who are interested in playtesting it before I post it (and anyone who is interested in posting it on their site), please let me know!

"WE FIGHT AND DIE HERE"

OPERATION, Advance, Nine battles

18th December to 21st December, 1944

Operation Commences at the morning of 18th December

Night Falls every three turns

It is the beginning of the third day of the Ardennes Offensive. The 12th SS Panzer Division, Hitler Jugend, has been assigned the task of clearing Rollbahn C, which leads through Bullingen, Malmeday and Spa, eventually to the Meuse at Aigremont. In the van of the 12th SS Panzer is Kampgruppe Kuhlman, a potent force of armor and panzergrenadiers.

The first two days of the offensive has gone poorly for the Hitler Youth. It lost a precious number of tanks, including many Panthers, attempting to pound through the unexpectedly stubborn defense at the twin villages of Krinkelt and Rocherath. The Germans, aware of the the futility of continuing this attack, began to shift the 12th SS to the southeast to outflank the American 5th Corps by seizing the town of Butgenbach. However, before the Germans seize Butgenbach, they must battle their way through the American 1st Infantry Division, which is determined to make their its at near the stately manor of Domane Butgenbach, approximately two kilometers southeast of the town.

This operation begins on the morning of December 18th, and runs to dusk, December 21st. The weather is bad, and the terrain is muddy.

Historical Sources:

[Citations ommitted]

Frankrad@pacbell.net

Franko hi

yeah, I'd love a look at this one. 12thSS is a unit that fascinates me. It will be interesting to see how the scenario plays vs history. Currently working on a huge 14000pts

plus scenario with 12thSS on defence in Normandy.

------------------

Pete

"When Rumania declared war in August 1916, it is said that one of the first army orders, after mobilization, was that only officers above the rank of major were allowed to use make up"

The Oxford Book of Military Anecdotes.