New Scenario Ready

I have a new scenario that I have sent to a few sights...Philippsbourg, Jan 4, 1945.

Here's the situation: Nestled deep within the heart of the Vosges Mountains, lies the small village of Philippsbourg. It's a small village, just like the rest in the Alsacian province. The town wasn't important because of its size, but of its location. It was located on the Philippsbourg-Niederbronn highway. This highway was the best and quickest route for the Germans to reach the valuable Northern Alsacian Plains. With control of this highway, they could follow up any attack with armor and artillery.

Since the beginning of Operation Nordwind (Dec 31st, 1944), the 256th Volksgrenadier Division was given the assignment of clearing out and holding Philippsbourg. Allied command, recognizing the importance of the town, ordered the 1st Battalion of the 275th Infantry Regiment (Task Force Herren) to retake the town from the Germans. With Armor and artillery support, the 1st Bn of the 275th held only the southern portion of the town by the evening of the 3rd. Savage fighting over the last 2 days had depleted both sides.

The evening of the 3rd saw the depleted forces of the 256th VG Division holding the northern portion of Philippsbourg, and the hills north, east and west of the town. What was left of the 1st Bn/275th held the southern portion of the town. Remnants of F/275 (*2nd Bn) were isolated on the hill east of the town.

Orders were received by the 1st Bn of the 274th Infantry Regiment to attack Philippsbourg and help relieve the pressure on the 1st Bn of the 275th. On the morning of the 4th, the 1st Bn of the 274th was ready to attack.

If you'd like a copy, email me.