Help no sky background graphics

Hi all,

I just got my new CM cd smile.gif

Everything looks great, but I have a problem. The background sky graphics are not displaying (no night sky, no dawn/dusk sky). All I get is just a white background sky (nothing). Any ideas?

I have installed the latest DirectX drivers and my graphic card's latest display drivers as well. I also installed the latest cm patch v.101. Still no luck.

My system is:

Pent II MMX 400 MHz, 128MB Ram

My video card is:

STB (Velocity 4400) NVIDIA 16MB

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kazom

Guest Big Time Software

Perhaps try running CM at a lower resolution. Set your main display to 640x480, or maybe 800x600. See if that helps.

Charles

I tried all video resolutions nothing has helped.

I assume when you say set the background to high detail you mean SHIFT + H to change the horizon. I tried all the detailed levels for the horizon nothing has helped. I did not see any other references to background detail in the manual.

NOTE: I did not have this problem with the beta demo either. I could see the background sky graphics then. Any other ideas?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kazom:

NOTE: I did not have this problem with the beta demo either. I could see the background sky graphics then. Any other ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

G'day Kazom,

At this stage of the troubleshooting process, it's time to uninstall and reinstall the software. You may have got a file corrupted or something didn't land on the HDD quite right. If after that you still have a problem, perform a thorough scan disk in case you have a bad sector or something messing up the file.

The other thing to try is to delete the "prefs" file in your demo folder.

(Just trying to get my posts up to "member" volume) :^)

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."

I tried reinstalling 3 times already. I even tried reinstalling to CM's default directory in case the file path to one of the background images had been hard coded (although I seriously doubted that BTS's programming geniuses would have let that slip past them smile.gif) But I gave it a shot anyway.

I have also retried the cm configuration several times. So far nothing has fixed the problem frown.gif I think it might be my CD - although I am not 100% sure of that.

Guest Big Time Software

It sounds like a driver problem. CM is asking your driver 'how large a graphic can you handle?' and your driver is probably giving the wrong answer. (Some cards can't handle large graphics and CM is able to shrink them down, but only if the card reports its own limits properly).

Are there any other drivers, maybe beta versions, you can use with your card?

Charles