New Video Card, New Video Problem

Bino

I played CMBB for several months with my old Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 (64Mb) card. But several weeks ago I upgraded to an Abit Siluro GeForce4 Ti 4200 (128Mb) card. Now my screen simply goes black when I try to run CMBB (with the 1.02 patch). The mouse cursor is visible, so I can click in the area where I know the "quit" button is, and I get a brief flash of the CMBB opening screen as the program exits. I've tried removing the preferences file from "C:\Program Files\Cmbb" and restarting. When CMBB runs for the first time without the "prefs" file, I've tried both the "Primary Display" and the "GeForce4 Ti4200 Display." No joy. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Here's my machine:

MS Windows 98 SE ("4.10, build 2222")

DirectX 8.2

Abit VA-6 motherboard

Pentium III 733 EB (@ 825 MHz on 150 MHz FSB)

512 Mb Corsair PC133 RAM

Abit Siluro GeForce4 Ti 4200 (128 Mb)

NVidia 30.82 GeForce4 drivers (most recent WHQL certified)

[ February 27, 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Bino ]

Take Schrullenhaft's advice. This is exactly what the problem is. Shut anti-aliasing off. I have tried anti-aliasing on every setting and the only one that works with CMBB is "Off".

I have a GForce TI4600 with 128mb. Anti-aliasing has to be turned off in order to play this game.

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Take Schrullenhaft's advice. This is exactly what the problem is. Shut anti-aliasing off. I have tried anti-aliasing on every setting and the only one that works with CMBB is "Off".

I have a GForce TI4600 with 128mb. Anti-aliasing has to be turned off in order to play this game.

Please allow me to ask the obvious question, is there a problem popping up with the G4 cards? I've been playing CMBB steady with a G3Ti200 w/AA set at 4x without a problem. As a matter of fact, my PC is scheduled to go for a GeForce 4200 this week, should I cancel?................ahh hell

Well if it ain't broke......... :rolleyes:

KC

No problem with the Gforce cards other than the fact that you can't use anti-aliasing. If someone has been successful in using it please post. With anti-aliasing turned off the game runs fine. In fact, I love my GForce card. I got rid of an ATI card that didn't show the fog and went with a GForce a while back. The driver that I am using is 41.09. Seems to be Ok. Don't worry about GForce cards. They work great.

Yup. Schrullenhaft's advice nailed it for me. I had set my anti-aliasing manually to "2x", in hopes of getting slightly better frame rates with my online flight sims. Setting it back to "off" or "auto" did the trick.

Thanks! smile.gif

Yes,

Madmatt is correct about the 30.82 drivers. You can use anti-aliasing with the Gforce cards with the older 30.82 drivers. I can attest to this because I lost that capability when I went to 41.09. I still have the older driver but I'm not sure I want to go back. I was able to use anti-aliasing with the older drivers though.

Thanks

I am using the GForce 4 Go 440 and I have the same problem. I have tried turning off the Antialiasing and to no avail.

Does CMBB run on these cards or not? Is Battlefront doing any in house testing with Dell / Toshiba notebooks using this hardware?

Please advise because my Dell Inspirion 8200 is loaded an way exceeds the game requirements.

interesting

i've got a new dell 2650 that's running cmbo just fine with factory drivers (29.63's)

this is a 32mb GeForce2Go Nvidia vid

i'm running manually selected 2x AA

and everything works w/o a hitch

hell, just for fun i even turned on anisotropic filtering and everything still works normally

go figure

I went back to 30.82 drivers from 41.09 and was glad that I did. Thanks for the advice MadMatt.

It worked with one of my GForce cards but apparently I have a newer version of a GeForce Ti 4600 card from EVGA in my newest machine and the older 30.82 driver did not work with it. My older GeForce Ti4600 card it did work with. I'm going to try and grab the box from both cards and see what the difference is between them.

My older card is a Jaton GeForce Ti4600 128mb. My newer card is an EVGA GeForce Ti4600 AGP8x 128mb. 30.82 works with the Jaton but not with the EVGA. I'm running the 41.09 drivers with the EVGA card. Anyone have any advice on this for me? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance to any responders.