looking for the mother of CMBO scenario/ops

I've got some time this weekend to play my heart out on my well-worn copy of CMBO, and I'm at a loss for finding some great scenarios / operations to play vs. AI. I want a Doozie of a game, one that offers the best play vs. AI.

Can anyone offer any help as to which scenario/op(s) to play, and where I might find it/them?

many thanks,

j0ker

Try the Scenario Depot . It has a list of the top CMBO scenarios for play against the AI and you can download them there too.

While you're there, I would humbly suggest trying my scenario, 3 Churches, which doesn't have enough reviews to make the list. It can be a fairly tough attack against the AI if you specify that the computer stick with the default setup on defense. Giving the AI an experience level bonus will make it even tougher.

Enjoy. Wish I had that kind of time. Sigh...

i downloaded it and will give it a go

when done i'll make a point of reviewing it

btw, you mention that first go thru you should use default set up on defense

i found when i loaded it up (just to look at the map, i'll probably play it later this week) the default was for the AI to be allowed to freely place units instead of sticking to the scenario default

is that what you had in mind?

No, I wanted the default choice for the AI to be stick to default (if that makes any sense). I'm not sure if that is something defined by the scenario or simply by what you chose the last time you played CMBO. I thought it was the latter, but if anyone knows differently, I would appreciate it if you could let me know how to determine the default AI setup in a CMBO scenario.

Thanks for downloading and offering to review it. Reviews provide invaluable feedback, especially for rookie scenario designers.

Capt. Spaulding and I are currently battling our way thru the Operation : "21st Panzer Counter Attacks" by G. Blake. Eight 30 turn battles.

I think it was from Scenario Depot. We are near the end of battle two and find our resources depleted. Hopefully we will be reinforced substatially in the next battle. The AI is on the defense and has done a pretty good job, especially in this second battle.

It is a 'run the gauntlet' type of action so far. In an effort to counter attack the D Day beaches the 21st must fight through Allied forces and make it off the map. No VLs in the game thus far. In the two battles we have been fighting there have been interesting surprizes and the maps have offered very good tactical puzzles. With limited and sometimes fragile resources, the German commander (in our case commanders) must make some hard decisions. The time factor can get dicey since one must make it to the far end of the map with as much as he can before time runs out.

As I mentioned we are just finishing battle 2 with 6 more to go. So far its been a real challenge for the Germans.

Schnell, schnell, schnell.... Unke (Toad)