Is there a way to preview a map, before starting a game

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Lately i've been trying play some QB's, with mixed results against the AI, but i always keep wondering about one thing, before the battle starts, you can select your units, but i find it a bit of guessing game because i don't know how the map will be like (i just put everything on random). SO is there a way?

Yeah. Stop putting everything on random.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, even if you make all the selections you can with regard to the map, its final configuration will still hold plenty of surprises.

Michael

You are not supposed to see the map before choosing your units. If you select he parameters yourself, you can get a good idea of what it's going to be like. Then the 2 unkwown factors are wether you have some good position for your guns in your start zone(if you are on offense) and the amount of cover bewteen you and the objective.

Talking about maps..

It would be nice if there was a way to generate a contour map (from the map editor?) showing main landmarks and ...contours. This would reduce all the "low level flying" round the map looking for dips and gullies etc. which on flatish open ground are so immportant. Such could also be included in the "Briefings" section of each scenario for added atmosphere.

Originally posted by Kilroy Lurking:

Talking about maps..

It would be nice if there was a way to generate a contour map (from the map editor?) showing main landmarks and ...contours. This would reduce all the "low level flying" round the map looking for dips and gullies etc. which on flatish open ground are so immportant. Such could also be included in the "Briefings" section of each scenario for added atmosphere.

Yes with built in inaccuracies maybe.

Oh well maybe in the game whose name i will not mention out of fear of the FOUR.