Cmak1.03 patch now it cant detect CD

nick_EL

When patching to 1.03 the program runs but sasy CD not inserted :confused: , and you only have multiplayer and exit on the main screen?

I have the anthology boxed set with cdv web addr on so have used that patch.

I have checked compatibilty inder properties of the .exe file and everything is unchecked - any ideas, have tried turning off virus checkers too. I have windows XP but is an update from 98SE.

Cheers smile.gif

Nick

As junk2drive has pointed out, if you use the patch that BTS has just released, then you will need to have the CD loaded in order to play the game. The CDV Anthology pack was the first CM title not to require the CD to be present in order to play the game. The BTS patch however has a generic copy-protection scheme that is enforced with even the CDV versions of the game.

I don't know if CDV is going to release a specific patch version that will allow you to play without the CDs again.

I just reinstalled CMBO and patched it (1.12) and got the same problem. Even with the CD(BFdotcom version) in the drive and compatability mode unchecked, it gives me 'Insert CD'. I click OK and it gives me only 'Multiplayer' or 'Exit' on the start screen. :confused:

This problem is frustrating as I wanted to play a bit of battle in NW Europe.

Is there a fix or sumfink? :(