CMAK semi-AAR screenshots (Horrible spoilers inside)

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

So I decided to try the Maleme operation.

First impressions while going over the setup. The map is beautiful, really really good. It captures the rocky mountanious terrain extremely well.

The German player starts with his paratroopers scattered in small small groups all over the map. There is also alot of open ground to cross before reaching the airfield. This should be interesting.

Maleme.jpg

A view slightly above Hill 107, looking North towards the Maleme airfield

Maleme2.jpg

The scattered remains of two platoons of paratroopers has managed to reach the outskirts of the airfield, and are now preparing to go "over the top"

This operation is absolutely awesome. The map is huge, and the battle has quickly devolved into a series of small unit actions around the key points. Here is a picture right before the paratroopers attempt to clear the western part of the airfield.

Yup, sandbag emplacements are placed like buildings in the map editor. The thing is, since they're map items they're a known entity from the start and don't need to be 'discovered' by attacking units like trenches or bunkers would.

I don't have a clue what level of protection they offer. Perhaps as much as a heavy building maybe? But the advantage of sandbag emplacements is your guns can take advantage of that protection too, something they can't do with buildings.