You don't have to be crazy to post in the Cheery Waffle Thread -- wait, yes you do.

_Axe_

I know I'm wasting my time but I'll ask anyway....

I would like to purchase a new larger hard drive for my 'puter as a backup to my current 80 GIG. I run windoz xp pro, service pack 2 is installed. My question is, what is the largest hard drive that I can install and run XP-without making a partition on the new drive?? I would like to make this new drive bootable with XP too (I think). I have run across conflicting data....Any ideas?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

I would like to purchase a new larger hard drive for my 'puter as a backup to my current 80 GIG. I run windoz xp pro, service pack 2 is installed. My question is, what is the largest hard drive that I can install and run XP-without making a partition on the new drive?? I would like to make this new drive bootable with XP too (I think). I have run across conflicting data....Any ideas?

Check the General Forum. tongue.gif :mad:

Hokay, here goes.

I hereby, in the spirit of Dave Haitch, do declare this the official call for players for the first annual Cheery Waffle Tournament for Furious TNT Chucking Maggots or the CWTFFTNTCM for short. :mad: :mad:

I thought about it, since we are coming up on the second anniversary of the much-hated and misunderstood CWT. (Bonus points for those of you who know it without looking up the FAQ I wrote)

It will be a straight knockout-type tournament. Anyone interested put your name down now. Deadline to get in is 5 PM EST Friday, Oct. 29. (That was two weeks ago for you Mace. And to save Snarker from counting on his fingers, you have four days.

(And, to keep this manageable, entrants must be at least semi-regular posters here. Elitist, yes, but I'm the boss and if you don't like it, piss off) :mad: :mad:

I'll assign everyone a number as they sign up and then use a random-number generator to come up with the brackets.

The first round will use the same scenario, the second a new scenario and so on until there's on maggot standing.

There will be no Canadian wins or losses in this one. The game will be decided strictly by the percentage points. Should it be a tie of 50-50, the winner is the one who causes the most casualties. That's because this tournament is about Kraut limbs and Soviet entrails!! :mad:

Oh, and one last thing. No crybabies!! Gamey is as gamey does. Do whatever it takes to win.

Jeep rushes? Great!

Camping flamethrowers? Super!

Got it? Get it? Good! :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Check the General Forum. tongue.gif :mad: </font>

This day will be a great day for Canuckis. While Axe alone winning is errrrr unusual and cause for concern, Pseudo beat me in our bout. The maggot had me attacking with outnumbered Aussies in the dark against entrenched veteran Krauts with c@mping AT/infantry guns. Needless to say, I suffered a major defeat. :mad:

Sign me up for this Tourney thingie-as long as Pseudo isn't picking the scenario.....little maggot! :mad: tongue.gif :mad:

Apparently math isn't a prerequisite to becoming a scientist. 222 > 208, and my 208 spread out defending 4 flags. This scenario was balanced. Balanced to perfection. BALANCED, I SAY!! :mad: :mad:

tongue.gif

Axe, I should know better, but count me in. My PBEM schedule is pretty light at the moment. I'm finishing off Mace's jeeps in the BDLRM, and all the remaining players have gone MIA. Watson & Crick has my Allies wading through bocage literally covered with mines. The battle already looks unwinnable because of the time to get across the map, when passing through a single hedge can take several minutes. :mad: :mad:

I wondered if MasterGoodale (the maggot) dropped by to celebrate the second anniversary of his reign of terror on the forums. He probably doesn't even remember what year he turned up around here. :D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

Watson & Crick has my Allies wading through bocage literally covered with mines. The battle already looks unwinnable because of the time to get across the map, when passing through a single hedge can take several minutes. :mad: :mad:

The briefing in that scenario said that to "mimic" the bocage cutters, you should attack through the sections where there is a wooden fence. I'm not sure if that will save you time though. If you want, we can bag it. I'll admit the map is a little tricky given the time constraints. Then again, you don't know what kind of forces I have either tongue.gif I have been known to practice disinformation. tongue.gif :mad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Watson & Crick has my Allies wading through bocage literally covered with mines. The battle already looks unwinnable because of the time to get across the map, when passing through a single hedge can take several minutes. :mad: :mad:

The briefing in that scenario said that to "mimic" the bocage cutters, you should attack through the sections where there is a wooden fence. I'm not sure if that will save you time though. If you want, we can bag it. I'll admit the map is a little tricky given the time constraints. Then again, you don't know what kind of forces I have either tongue.gif I have been known to practice disinformation. tongue.gif :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

The briefing in that scenario said that to "mimic" the bocage cutters, you should attack through the sections where there is a wooden fence. I'm not sure if that will save you time though. If you want, we can bag it. I'll admit the map is a little tricky given the time constraints. Then again, you don't know what kind of forces I have either tongue.gif I have been known to practice disinformation. tongue.gif :mad: </font>