My continued RoW sponsorship now only in airfreight courier mode for USA..

Dear board members + current/future RoW participants,

To recap, some background, as mentioned previously on the BFC forum:

The USA Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act 2002 became effective on 12 Dec. 2003, administered online by the USA FDA. Consequently, shippers of food/consumables must notify the FDA online about intended USA consignments.

To cut a long story very short, all future/current RoW wine prizes will be air couriered off to the winners. No more waiting 3 months to get booty. In fact, 3 days from pick-up (in Cape Town) to delivery in Chicago for Rune’s wine is still the record! Given that postage was the preferred cheaper method, I have now no choice to go with the more expensive airfreight, as the FDA has clamped down on wine send via postage. 12b couriered to the USA cost me roughly in freight $360.00 per box.

Why am I mentioning this, apart that this dude doesn’t know what to do with his money? For the following reasons:

</font>

• When taking part in RoW tourneys, please finish your games as courtesy to the scenario designers/tournament director and this sponsor!</font>
  • If real life intrudes, be so kind to inform your opponents/Kingfish the state of affairs;</font>
  • If you are from the following states, please do not expect any wine prizes coming your way, even if you win the tourney. These states still treat their senior residents as minors: FLORIDA, GEORGIA, KENTUCKY, MARYLAND, TENNESSEE, INDIANA, NORTH CAROLINA. I can only send wines to a possible winner of these states if they own an import liquor license, or know someone that has one ;)</font>

I thank those existing/past RoW participants that finished their games in/on time. Hope you all are enjoying/still enjoying Rumblings of War.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

-------------------------------------------

"Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding."

- Albert Einstein

I agree. Although I've never taken part in any of the tournaments (even if I did, my skills would get me vinegar instead of wine) I think it's things like your generosity that make this place such a great place to hang out.*

*<small font>General Forum excepted, of course.</small font>

Charl,

I've heard of commitment, but this is way beyond the call of duty! Am appalled your generosity has been rendered so costly, though. What genius, and I use the term with extreme irony, came up with this approach? Might be interesting to see who got political contributions from air freight firms!

Gratefully,

John Kettler