Some Oddities/Possible Bugs - Mostly Free French

Here some stuff I found making scenarios

1) Bofors 40mm AA guns are not available in May 1942, although I have at least two sources claiming that the 1st DFLF at Bir Hakeim was delivered 8 40mm Bofors AAG in early May 1942.

2) The Free French soldiers show the old French helmet in May 1942, although all pictures I saw the Free French were carrying British helmets.

3) I cannot load the French 81mm (transport class 3) on the Universal Carrier (Class 6) and the Bren Carrier (Class 3). Is there something wrong.

and a fourth one: WHERE IS THE "KEPPY BLANC"????

And the BB3? A Chevrolet Portee mounting the 75mm Field Gun :D

Originally posted by winkelried:

Here some stuff I found making scenarios

1) Bofors 40mm AA guns are not available in May 1942, although I have at least two sources claiming that the 1st DFLF at Bir Hakeim was delivered 8 40mm Bofors AAG in early May 1942.

Yes, they were there. They were also crewed by British troops. Have to purchase seperately, I'm afraid.

2) The Free French soldiers show the old French helmet in May 1942, although all pictures I saw the Free French were carrying British helmets.
I've seen pictures (one pic in particular, taken at bir Hakeim), that shows an ecclectic mix-n-match of kit: Pieces of British and old-style French uniforms, helmets, weapons --- all mixed together at random. (The only thing they seem to have in common is a long scarf carelessly looped around their necks). The Free French troops in NA wore just about everything --- usually all at once.

and a fourth one: WHERE IS THE "KEPPY BLANC"????

And the BB3? A Chevrolet Portee mounting the 75mm Field Gun :D

Yah, I was kinda hoping the kepi blanc would make it in --- at least for HQ units. And the 75mm portee would have been nice too.

Originally posted by von Lucke:

Yes, they were there. They were also crewed by British troops. Have to purchase seperately, I'm afraid.

this is not entierly true:

12 guns (2 batteries) were manned by men of the 1er Batallion de Fusiliers Marins (BFM 1) under Lt-Cmd Amyot d'Inville. They were reinforced by a third battery coming from a British outfit (I'll need to get to my paper notes to get the exact name), a 43rd battery under Lt Beachman. The BFM 1 had two additional batteries manning some 12 25mm AAG (which I find in CMAK though)

I've seen pictures (one pic in particular, taken at bir Hakeim), that shows an ecclectic mix-n-match of kit: Pieces of British and old-style French uniforms, helmets, weapons --- all mixed together at random. (The only thing they seem to have in common is a long scarf carelessly looped around their necks). The Free French troops in NA wore just about everything --- usually all at once.
Could I have this mix please ;)smile.gif

Yah, I was kinda hoping the kepi blanc would make it in --- at least for HQ units. And the 75mm portee would have been nice too.
Yeah the 75mm has quite a bang ... :D:D

[ December 08, 2003, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: winkelried ]