New Nvidia driver fixes AA problems

Apologies - this is more of a Tech Support item, but wanted to post about the new 56.55 drivers that correctly enable AA/AF without the Alt-Tab bullocks.

Please reference the "new Nvidia driver @ 3DGuru" thread at the Combat Mission - Tech Support section.

Finally. They've only been busted since, what, the 30.82's?

Hpt. Lisse

FWIW from 3d Guru's site:

Today NVIDIA should have released an official release of their ForceWare drivers. The release should have been 56.56 yet for whatever reason they are not live on nvidia.com; I think NVIDIA is delaying the release. Although WHQL certified these drivers had a bug with the Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo. Performance was really low and NVIDIA confirmed this bug yesterday, they want to fix this issue first I'm sure. I think that's the reason the driver release is pulled for today.

The new drivers have serveral new options, among them (and I find this funny) a pop-up blocker. NVIDIA, what in Gods name is a popup-blocker doing in graphics card driver software ?! Really, spend time and resources on stable and faster drivers. Other enhancements are application/game profiles that allow GPU settings for things like antialiasing, texture filtering, vertical sync, and such to be saved in a profile. Some press documents we received also showed some improvements on performance over the GeForce FX range;

NVIDIA states up to 108% better performance in F1 Challenge on the GeForce FX 5200 and 5900XT, 48% more FPS in Neverwinter Nights on a 5950 Ultra. Run to the store and get a GeForce FX 5200 now!! Joke joke ... !

Next to that driver has a better context system, this basically means better help & explanation in the form of mouse-over info -> You see something, you point your mouse at it, and a context balloon will pop up explaining the setting.

Anyway; next to that some other new options can be found. We'll discuss them when the driver is actually released. If the driver indeed wil be delayed then it's likely it will still be send out to the manufacturers/partners and thus be on-line soon anyway.

As always we'll keep you posted.

Really Bone_Vulture? I was getting no love from the 53.03's with a FX5900 non-ultra. What vid card do you have?

Note the actual 56.55 driver comes from NVplanet, not 3DGuru - I haven't seen any other problems with other games, and Unreal Tournament 2004 isn't high on this wargamers' list.

[ February 19, 2004, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Hpt. Lisse ]