Wrong unit portrait?

Holman

Hi all,

Perhaps someone has noticed this and can explain it. This is about the scenario "! Chianti Country," part of the scenario pack that goes with the CMAK Companion book. I suppose I should add SPOILER WARNING for a very minor bit of information I'm about to divulge about that scen.

*SPOILER WARNING*

I was playing as Allies in July 1944. German units all showed a regular Wehrmacht unit portrait--you know, the feldgrau shoulder. However, towards the end of the battle I saw that I was actually fighting Fallschirmjagers. The units had names like "Fallschirmjager Squad 43," "German Airborne Artillery Spotter," and suchlike, and their uniforms were definitely AndrewTF's FJ smocks. But even after I identified these units, they all still showed the Wehrmacht unit portrait. This was still true even after I finished the game and looked at enemy units on the map.

I've never done any mods to the unit portraits, and I don't recall seeing this kind of mismatch before. Has anyone else ever seen this?

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the CMAK German unit portrait files, but I've heard a rumor that they're similar to the CMBB ones. If that is the case, what you are describing is not a bug. CMBB uses 21 images to cover 131 image slots. So that means that potentially something like five sixths of the units could have the wrong portraits until someone gets around to modding them.

You might want to wander over to the CMBB forum and take a look at my German unit portrait mod. It still has quite a few bugs that need to be ironed out in the next Version (green collars on the Luftwaffe Felddivisionen, and the shade of blue needs to be re-examined), but it does attempt to put Luftwaffe collar tabs on Luftwaffe units.

Originally posted by Philippe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Philippe:

It still has quite a few bugs that need to be ironed out in the next Version (green collars on the Luftwaffe Felddivisionen,

What makes you think this is incorrect? :confused: </font>