CMAK 39-40 Question

Warning, this is not about CMx2

I want to put together a set of Andrew's German uniforms for early war Europe and Sealion.

I have his Crete, Sealion, and CMBB mods. The CMBB has green and subdued and the C/S are grey.

What would be the most accurate?

What would the handful of players want to use?

Junk,

I think AndrewTF's (The Great and Powerfull) HEER 1 is just what you are looking for. The Infantry uniform is still about the same as was worn in Poland in '39, with dark green collars, etc. You want to use the helmet with both the shield and eagle on it. Early war LW same same.

Early war SS would be best with Heer early war tunics with SS insigna. What is the basis of your overall mod? CMAK NA, mid or late war? I ask this because you need seperate arm BMPs for the SS to look right. I think someone did a SS runes on helmet mod, I don't think I liked it much. Maybe it just needs tweeking.

David

Junk,

Not too sure I understand your response. What does the US have to do with France 40, Sealion? :confused:

In 1940 the SS LAH had a motorized Regiment(?) and there was the SS Verfungstruppe Division. SS-V was really the start of the Waffen SS Divisions. It had a mediocre record in France (including a couple of prisoner execution incidents), but gained invaluable combat experience. It was broken up between the 1st three Waffen SS Divisions. By July 1941 there were 4 WSS Divisions with a 5th and 6th forming.

Pick up a copy of "Hitler's Legions" gives a thumbnail history and a OOB for every German Division in WWII.

DavidI

PS. With the Heer 1 uniforms mentioned above, use the optional grey pants for a good 1940 look.

DI

Doesn't Andrew's CMBB Heer 41 have green smocks or jackets or coats with grey pants?

I remember having this kind of discussion before with Andrew and others and the green is the way to go,

His (the Great & Powerful) Heer 41 has 3 sub-sets: 1. "Green" uniforms (this is Heer standard fieldgrey uniforms - I would do your 1940 officers in this, use the optional grey pants). 2. "Subdued" uniforms (This is dusty, dirty, faded, beatup standard fieldgrey uniforms - I would do your 1940 squads & crews in this, use the optional grey pants). 3. "winter" uniforms, not applicable in 1940.

but Andrew's Sealion uses his Crete greys.
I think here you are talking about his Fallschirmjagers in jump smocks, different bunch o'dudes entirely.

I look forward to your email.

DavidI

I have a Heer 1 dated 10/2002 and a cmmos Heer 41-42 dated 1/2003. They contain M36 green smocks. Later versions are grey smocks IIRC.

If you go to Andreas' Sealion site and download Andrew's Sealion set, you will see the grey that I talk about.

The FJ CMAK Crete are slightly green over grey pants.

My SS question is regarding scenario designers using SS in this timeframe.

If no SS battles, no need for mod.

Early out Friday, email sent.

• 1 month later...

==============================================

My SS question is regarding scenario designers using SS in this timeframe.

If no SS battles, no need for mod.

==============================================

Guess I'm a little bit late but, but next to shooting gen. Student in the head the SS actually did some fighting in the Netherlands. They weren't very succesfull( beside shooting POW's and using them for cover), got their ass kicked a few times, sucked some heroic stories out of their tumbs to give honour to their name LAH, but some moments were they got their ass kicked are worth a scenario.

Just to show what a few brave Dutch did.

Some SS units in the Netherlands may 1940:

- SS Leibstandarte AH

- SS Standarte Der Fuhrer

- 4 abt. + 2 abt./Art.Reg. SS Verfug. Div.

Cheers

Sounds like modern crap to me. Dutch Army "re-enlisted" 1878 and 1880 arty to stop German tanks.

I just finnished the 2nd map. Got some 7 maps to go. Didn't have much time lately, but time flies when you're having fun.

I'm making BB and AK versions. I had a little fun whit the Sealion stuf, using the French as Dutch.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm a little bit late again, my computer scrashed so I have to restart the work again, and I crashed while driving a m-bike. So far the fun I had the last few days.

I have a small question for Junk, as it seems that CMAK only contains the Fallshirmjager and not Luftlande-troops. Can you tell if it's possible to take the Luftlande-BMP from CMBB and renumber them for CMAK lets say in place of the Luftwaffe infantry??.

Sorry about your accident.

The wireframes for soldiers in BB an AK is basically the same. Helmets are different for the nations.

Since there is no gameplay difference between types of soldiers, only squad man numbers etc, you can put any uniform on any body.

ie, I have Soviet uniforms on Heer Jager for North Koreans.

If LW infantry is available in late war Italy, you choose that date in the editor, select those troops, the change the date to whatever you want.

CMAKdb shows LW infantry starting June 44, 9 man squads.

• 1 month later...