Dual monitors?

Hello,

I've got an NVidia card with two monitors connected. Combat Mission always wants to run on the primary Windows monitor, which is fine, but if the primary Windows monitor isn't the primary NVidia monitor, I can see the 'Accept' box for the resolutions but can't click on them. Any suggestions? It just doesn't seem to want to play well....

Does pressing the <Enter> key work with selecting the currently displayed resolution ?

I have no idea if there is a problem and a fix for the mouse cursor not appearing in the DirectX accelerated window. Which Windows version, DirectX version and Nvidia driver version are you using ? Are your monitors running at different resolutions and/or vertical refresh rates ?

Why can't you click accept on the screen in the monitor you wish to use? Can you not see the button or will the mouse not move into the screen?

Try deleting your Prefs file and then rerun the game. The next time you run the game it will go through both monitors monitors and all resolutions and should allow you to choose what you wish to run in.

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions, sorry got busy there for a bit so I'm only just now getting back.

I can move the mouse onto monitor #2 when Combat Mission comes up there, and the cursor appears. However I can't click on the dialog. Or rather I can click but it won't respond. I don't recall if I've tried hitting 'Enter' for sure, but I believe I had, and it didn't work.

The frustration is that I have a newer LCD monitor, and a creaky old CRT. My NVidia card for some reason insists on assigning the CRT as monitor #1. If I assign my LCD to be the primary Windows monitor, everything seems to play nice except Combat Mission. So I have to stick with the CRT as the primary.

I didn't realize that the system would cycle through all resolutions/rates on both monitors. Maybe I'll let that run through. I suppose there's no way to assign that, though?

I swear this problem looks like when you run a native OpenGL application on a window other than the primary Windows monitor (poor acceleration, etc.). But I know (I think?) that CMBB is directX, so I assume that isn't the problem.

I'm running Windows XP, latest NVidia drivers, and (I assume?) latest DirectX drivers.

Thanks,

Les Elkins

• 2 weeks later...

I had this same problem, my thread on it is in here somewhere- I finally figured out that if I set my primary display as I want it via the Nvidia properties and then reboot, CM would set to the correct monitor (it just took that one reboot, not each time that I wanted to play). I too couldn't select the "Accept" button because it was "out of range". Basically, it seemed that CM was only seeing one large monitor and not two, but the "Accept" button was "off screen" in it's eyes. If that makes sense.