PBEM problem

I received the latest e-mail turn from my friend (playing the CM demo). I noticed that when I loaded the file, the "done" option was missing (meaning I couldn't skip the replay). Anyway, after played the last move, the "done" option re-appeared. When I clicked the "done" option, it automatically sent me to the save PBEM file menu before I could even give commands to my units for the next turn. Is there anyone that knows what went wrong and how I could fix it?

It's normal-- whoever creates the movie sends it to the other player, who views it and sends it back. The second person to view the movie then puts in orders first. This has been discussed at least once in the main forum, so when you start to wonder why you can't do it in one fewer email, do a search first.

You can also fast forward through the movie if you want, but I like to watch several times, so I can observe all the different firefights at least once. If there's something dramatic I like to get into view #1 from the unit's POV and watch it.

Hi, first of all, I don't think you understood my question. Secondly, I didn't understand when you said "do a search first". Anyway, the problem is that when I receive his e-mail, I'm supposed to make my move. But I can't. After I replay the movie of what happened in the last move, I then try to click "done" so I can make my move. Well, after I click "done", the game automatically sends me to the "save PBEM file" menu. So I pretty much lost a turn. Even if I send the file as is (losing a turn), he can't load it into the game. Hope that explains it better.

1. Set up game like normal, choosing "email" option and a password.

2. Player 1 positions units and sends file to player 2.

3. Player 2 positions units and sends file to player 1.

4. Player 1 plots moves and sends file to Player 2.

5. Player 2 plots moves and sends file to Player 1.

6. Player 1 views Action Phase and sends file to Player 2.

7. Player 2 views action Phase, plots moves, and sends file to Player 1.

8. Player 1 plots moves and sends file to Player 2.

9. Player 2 views Action Phase and sends file to Player 1.

10. Player 1 views Action Phase, plots moves, and sends file to Player 2.

And so on...

helps.http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/007259.html copied from this tread

Hope this helps

Cubes

Cubes laid it out nicely above: for security reasons, when you get the movie you just watch it, the game stamps it as having been watched by you, and you send it back. No orders for the next turn-- you get to do those later. Keeps your opponent from repeatedly recalculating the turn until the results are favorable, and causes the movie to be generated alternately on each players computer.

One of the first things you will notice is that this could probably be done with one fewer email exchange. i.e. watch the movie and immediate add orders before returning it to your opponent. This is what I suggested you search for, since it has been discussed to death in the CM forum.

Hi, sorry, that doesn't help. I already know how to play an e-mail game. However, at one point in the game, "player 1" sends me the file. Now, after I view the action phase, I'm supposed to PLOT my moves and then send the file to "player 1". But I can't plot my moves. In order for me to do that I have to click the "done" button in the action phase's playback menu. When I do, the game automatically assumes that I'm finished and sends me to the "save PBEM file" menu. That's what I can't figure out. We're on move 2 or 3, so the previous moves have worked fine until now. Before, I'd end the action phase and then plot my next moves. This time, I do the same thing and it skips past the "plot moves" part and sends me to the "save file" screen.

It alternates. On one turn, you only get to watch the movie, and then it gets sent back. On the next turn, your opponent will have already watched the movie, and you will get to plot moves after watching the movie. It threw me when it first happened, but what you're doing is correct.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allan1:

Hi, sorry, that doesn't help. I already know how to play an e-mail game. However, at one point in the game, "player 1" sends me the file. Now, after I view the action phase, I'm supposed to PLOT my moves and then send the file to "player 1". But I can't plot my moves. In order for me to do that I have to click the "done" button in the action phase's playback menu. When I do, the game automatically assumes that I'm finished and sends me to the "save PBEM file" menu. That's what I can't figure out. We're on move 2 or 3, so the previous moves have worked fine until now. Before, I'd end the action phase and then plot my next moves. This time, I do the same thing and it skips past the "plot moves" part and sends me to the "save file" screen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allan, one out of three files (or something like that) is a movie only file. You do not get to give orders. And if you're on turn 2-3, you're right about in the time to view a movie only. No orders.