Making a good first impression.

First impressions count, so to make sure I wouldn't go all petulant as my units get destroyed I fired up a pure armour QB as the Brits v Italians. Pure armour for the Italians is kinda harsh in and of itself so I used an Axis +200% setting.

I then had MkVI, A9, A10 and A13s tangle with the M13s. I don't think I even saw one single richochet. :D :eek: I was surprised with the MkVI. I fast moved them real quick towards the Itailans and once they got in amongst them they were wolves among sheep. They absolutly slaughtered the Italians!

First impresion was GOOOOOD!!! :cool:

[ December 04, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Elmar Bijlsma ]

First impressions count, so to make sure I wouldn't go all petulant as my units get destroyed I fired up a pure armour QB as the Brits v Italians. Pure armour for the Italians is kinda harsh in and of itself so I used an Axis +200% setting.

I then had MkVI, A9, A10 and A13s tangle with the M13s. I don't think I even saw one single richochet. :D :eek: I was surprised with the MkVI. I fast moved them real quick towards the Itailans and once they got in amongst them they were wolves among sheep. They absolutly slaughtered the Italians!

yep, sounds great. Looking forward to getting CMAK so I can recreate some of the small armor (and inf) battles from AHs Tobruk game. Such as having 3x Grants against 15 M13/40s (or something like that). Have to dig Tobruk out of my attic now.

Been waiting a looooong while for this puppy to come out.

yep, sounds great. Looking forward to getting CMAK so I can recreate some of the small armor (and inf) battles from AHs Tobruk game. Such as having 3x Grants against 15 M13/40s (or something like that). Have to dig Tobruk out of my attic now.

Heh, my first game gave me an excellent impression, it brought memories of Chance Encounter back to my mind... :D

It was a smallish ME set in North Africa, 1942, I took the Brits against Germans. Bough some Matildas, Marmon-Herringtons, Stuarts (these are definately my favourite tanks at the moment, got to love the model and textures, 3 machine guns and the speed combined with covered arcs :D ), trucks towing 25 pounders and lots of infantry. The map turned out to be absolutely lovely, sweet rolling dunes, lots of wadis, small depressions, oasis here and there and a road dividing the map in two going through depression in the middle with some buildings and excellent reverse slope positions. Very nice map with lots of tactical choices to make. I made good use of the terrain and made it to the village first, losing a Matilda and a truck & 25 pounder to a Marder. My men took positions in the palms, buildings and rocks and readied themselves to fight off any attackers crossing the small slope. Then things started to get ugly, with some panzers showing up, promptly whupping my Stuarts and Herringtons. What I had left I moved to the village, and took some pot shots with the Matildas. Much to my surprise the AI started to flank me, and, what turned out was one sweet, desperate battle with the DAK pouring through to that small little depression with the village. Lots of cover, lots of intense close range firefights, hot molten TNT, fires, explodey stuff.

Very close call, managed to rout the Germans, no vehicles were left alive, lots of burning Matilda and Panzer hulks littering the desert with the few surviving british soldiers preparing for afternoon tea. CMAK rocks! :D

Heh, my first game gave me an excellent impression, it brought memories of Chance Encounter back to my mind... :D

It was a smallish ME set in North Africa, 1942, I took the Brits against Germans. Bough some Matildas, Marmon-Herringtons, Stuarts (these are definately my favourite tanks at the moment, got to love the model and textures, 3 machine guns and the speed combined with covered arcs :D ), trucks towing 25 pounders and lots of infantry. The map turned out to be absolutely lovely, sweet rolling dunes, lots of wadis, small depressions, oasis here and there and a road dividing the map in two going through depression in the middle with some buildings and excellent reverse slope positions. Very nice map with lots of tactical choices to make. I made good use of the terrain and made it to the village first, losing a Matilda and a truck & 25 pounder to a Marder. My men took positions in the palms, buildings and rocks and readied themselves to fight off any attackers crossing the small slope. Then things started to get ugly, with some panzers showing up, promptly whupping my Stuarts and Herringtons. What I had left I moved to the village, and took some pot shots with the Matildas. Much to my surprise the AI started to flank me, and, what turned out was one sweet, desperate battle with the DAK pouring through to that small little depression with the village. Lots of cover, lots of intense close range firefights, hot molten TNT, fires, explodey stuff.

Very close call, managed to rout the Germans, no vehicles were left alive, lots of burning Matilda and Panzer hulks littering the desert with the few surviving british soldiers preparing for afternoon tea. CMAK rocks! :D

Me, I'm a jaded old Cm veteran so I can scarcely imagine what it must be like for some newbie armor fan to stumble on CM for the first time, buy it on a whim then find himself for the FIRST time on a 5 sq km 3-D map commanding a 3,000 point combined arms assault... in fog... in Ethiopia!

I remember someone on an old post once described his first CM experience as being roughly equivalent to his first *amorous* experience. You never forget your first time. ;)

Me, I'm a jaded old Cm veteran so I can scarcely imagine what it must be like for some newbie armor fan to stumble on CM for the first time, buy it on a whim then find himself for the FIRST time on a 5 sq km 3-D map commanding a 3,000 point combined arms assault... in fog... in Ethiopia!

I remember someone on an old post once described his first CM experience as being roughly equivalent to his first *amorous* experience. You never forget your first time. ;)