Problems loading CM:BO on my MAC

I have recently purchased CM:BO for the Mac but when I came to install it last night, I can't load the game.

I have tried both of my Mac computers (desktop and laptop) and the same thing happens - when it gets to the point where it says "loading 3D graphics", and plays some explosion noises etc, it basically stalls - one time I left it for 10 minutes and it still won't load.

I've gone through the manual, deinstalled it and tried again, tried decreasing screen resolution to minimum and everything else I could think of but it still won't work.

Very strange and very frustrating, the manual talks about G3 and G4 Macs, both of which I have.

Can anyone hlep/have any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance

[ December 28, 2003, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Nero's Cat ]

Hi again - thanks for that.

My system is a PowerPC G4, with a Machine speed of 1 Ghz.

RAM memory 256 MB.

It has Mac OS X 10.2.3 (6H60)

number of processors 1

Bus speed 133 MHz

I don't know what video card it uses (how do I find out?!!) - but I think it must use the standard desktop Mac G4 graphics card.

Thanks again

CMBO will not run in OSX it is an OS8/9 application. It will also not run in OSX Classic emulation.

Is your Mac bootable into OS9? In OSX >System Preferences> Startup Disk > Select OS9.2.2 System Folder - Restart

On the BFC CMBO order page it states there the games system rquirements and for OSX users this information.

[ December 28, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Nero's Cat:

I don't know what video card it uses (how do I find out?!!)...

Open Apple System Profiler. It should be tucked away somewhere on your Apple menu, otherwise use Sherlock to find it on your hard drive. It will tell you all sorts of interesting things about your Mac.

Michael