Latest Mac a Complete Dud with CMBB-HELP!

Spike-o

I just bought a new Power Mac dual ghz, with an ATI 9000 pro 64MB card. it runs OS 10.2, OS 9.2 and Classic. Just cant get CMBB to run properly, graphics wise. When i run it in Classic (classic what?) i can get as far as loading the game, but all i get is a black screen, with 3 small white rectangles in the center. I hear tank sounds and voices and that's it. Game over. When i boot to 9.2, i get past "loading images" and i get a very indistinct, psychadelic landscape. the game will play, if you can find the units in this Timothy Leary Land. Any one have any idea how i can fix this? Have already contacted Apple and ATI. Both unhelpful. Hope you can help, thanks!

Originally posted by Spike-o:

[QB][/QB]

Spike,

Using Mac OSX's System Preferences - change the Start Up to your OS 9.2 system folder. Reboot to get OS 9 up & running, then install CM and play on. To get back to OSX - Control Panels - Start up - Set to OSX system and viola. Don't persevere with trying to run CM in classic as it only works (when set up) badly at most. There have been a few discussions about CM running on Macs so do a search and find out more that way.

Have fun & let us al know if you get tranparent smoke with your sooper dooper ATI card

Thanks for your response, but i already had used OS X startup to boot to OS 9, then reinstalled CMBB in OS 9.2, and it didn't work, just the effects i described in my post. It sounds like people are running this on their OS 10 systems (using OS 9, not classic) . I'm wondering if they are running an earlier version of 10 or what. I'm stumped!

psychedelic landscapes, tell me about it.

(see earlier thread.)

.http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002796

I still haven't been able to sort it out and it sounds like exactly the same thing. Except I'm running a G3 Powerbook on OS 8.6. So I really don't think it's a OS9/OSX problem. I don't know what it is.

hilfe....... hilfe uns! Die maschine sind kaput!

Partitioning is really a good idea if you want to do that. But there is a solution short of that. Establish a separate System Folder with a pure version of 9.2.2 in it and make sure that Classic RAVE isn't in the extensions. Then select that as your Startup Folder and reboot. You should be good to go.

It sounds to me like what is happening is that X is reinstalling Classic RAVE whenever you reboot. It's known to do that.

Michael

Originally posted by niallist:

psychedelic landscapes, tell me about it.

(see earlier thread.)

.http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002796

I had an odd thing happen for a while. If I loaded and ran BB after waking my Mac up afer a sleep, I would get some strange, mixed-up textures. If I quit BB and restarted, it would then run okay...except once the problem showed up after a fresh start.

Then I got a new card and drivers and moved from 9.1 to 9.2.2 and the problem hasn't returned. I don't know what the fix was or whether it is permanent yet.

I do have some spiffy screenshots from the earlier period though, if anybody wants to see them.

;)

Michael