North African winter temperatures...

I have a question that maybe somebody can answer here. Let's say I want to set up a midday QB in North Africa between November & March. What would be a realistic temperature setting for this? I know that Egyptologists do their excavating during the winter months when it's not so hot. This has been of bugging me since I got CMAK.

Thanks.

Photos of fighting in Tunisia in early '43 shows everyone pretty well bundled-up. I hear temps could drop like a rock at night. During Beta testing BFC was persuaded to increase the temperature range for desert fighting to account for those chilly February nights when the wind's coming down from the north.

Brrrr....

I have been in Tunisia in November and it is quite cold in the mornings near the shore. On a trip into the Low Atlas mountains it was wet, cold and windy probably in the effective low 40's at I guess an altitude of between 1000 to 2000 ft.

We had a early morning start one day in the desert south of El Djem and I would think it was slightly above freezing but warmed up to low 70's by the afternoon.

I have not spent months there but the temp. were not remarked as being abnormal.

Nijis

I had forgotten that site! Very useful where you can go back and pick up the historical temperatures. I just had a look at Kasserine but it only shows current data and stores no historical data whatsoever.

We need serious grogs to log climate by the week for these areas : ) so these kinds of questions can be answered immediately.

BTW lowest forecast night temperature 37F highest 51F. Lowest daytime 63F highest 75 F

The highest 24 hour range is 38 degrees - that is quite a range I think. In Western Europe I imagine our ranges are a lot lower on average.