American OOB errors

After getting CMAK and browsing the list of American units in the scenario editor, I have noticed several apparent errors. Some are new, while others appear to be carry-overs from CMBO.

- There doesn't seem to be a US 4 tube 105mm division level artillery spotter unit. The only 105mm spotter available is a 6 tube regimental spotter that represents the regimental cannon company.

- US combat engineer units never had flamethrowers as part of their TO&E.

- US AB squad should have 2 x .30 cal LMG (M1919A6) and no BAR. One .30 cal LMG was assigned to each of the two AB squads in a platoon, and the platoon commander controlled 2 more .30 LMGs he could assign at his discretion. The BAR wasn't added to the squad TO&E until (I believe) 1944, and then it was in addition to the .30 cal LMGs. This one was in CMBO too, in a way, though the .30 cal MMGs given to the AB platoon in CMBO made it a wash I guess.

- It would be really nice if there were some way to get a troop & platoon type for dismounted US mechanized cavalry units. The TO&E down to individual weapons is readily available, and would allow scenario designers to create scenarios involving these units without having to 'fudge' using the huge 12 man infantry squads. smile.gif

Steve