Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Waypoint shift bug?

Tim S

In the "Assault on Perano" scenario one set of allied waypoints shifted on the next turn, playing against the AI.

Moving allied tanks along the left fork in the road and down towards the shallow ford my, carefully placed waypoints shifted from the road to the hillside about a 1/2" off to the left. It was actually a column of four tank waypoints that had shifted, all the way down to the ford and up the axis side, slowing everything down as the tanks were now driving on the hillside. I was able to get them back on the road, in fact the slow down saved my butt as I was better able to synchronize this frontal attack with an attack from the rear of the town!

Even so I had spent some time making sure the individual waypoints were set correctly, and placed in the center of the road, so it was annoying to find they had shifted. Has anyone else had this happen or am I just lucky?!

Tim S

Also, tanks and other AFVs are subject to funny navigational tricks if they are buttoned up. More so if they are less than regular experience. This makes sense as visibility from inside a buttoned tank is very dicey.

I had a buttoned tank fail to make a corner properly and it got up against some woods. Then it spent the next two turns going back and forth trying to get free. I couldn't unbutton it because the TC got popped and the fact that they were a man short may have contributed to the problem as well.

Michael

I couldn't unbutton it because the TC got popped and the fact that they were a man short may have contributed to the problem as well.
Speaking of which. Has anyone notice the -inordinate?-number of shocked tanks in CMAK? Three were initimations of this in the Demo. I've really haven't gotten deeply into the full version, but it seems half my armored force at any given time is missing their TCs. I realize that manually buttoning each one at the start of the turn is an option. But it's a cumbersome, irritating option.