Your first completion of CM

I think winning the Battle or Operation should be enough.

I would hope that the scenarios you play take you on a roller coaster ride, with all the highs and lows, triumphs and defeats shared of each man, from the brink of despair to the elation of a hard fought victory that you earned only by the heroic deads and the sacrifices made through the lives and blood of your men...

...If you did win of course!

;)

Mind you, a little battle hardening through an operation wouldn't hurt!

:D

Originally posted by SKELLEN:

I was expecting some type of reward - Promotion, extra ammo, a secret scenario of some kind etc., but this is not what CM is capable of. I would really like to see some type of reward in place for the next CM to give you an extra sense of achievement and fullfillment.

The only thing I expected from my first battles against the AI were to get through them without humiliation. Then I played the AI to hone my skills. Then I played the AI to get the confidence I needed to go out and get the real reward:

The burning wreckage of my opponents vehicles, the small crumpled figures littering the landscape, and the lamentations of Australians rising up in howled chorus to please the ears of the gods.

Skellen, I think you're trying to compare CM with Playstation first-person-shooter games. Most people that play CM like to recreate historical battles and realistic tactics. What's the point of some meaningless promotion, or information you can easily find online or in a history book?

Originally posted by Sanok:

Skellen, I think you're trying to compare CM with Playstation first-person-shooter games. Most people that play CM like to recreate historical battles and realistic tactics. What's the point of some meaningless promotion, or information you can easily find online or in a history book?

I am definitely not trying to compare CM with any Playstation first-person-shooter game, and I've never even owned a Playstation for that matter. Ok being promoted may well be meaningless, but I don't know how you can say being given information related to CM is meaningless.

:eek:

Given that this game is a historical game as you say than I would have thought you'd relish all information given to you, as there is a lot that could be learned by each one of us, excepting any experts of course.