MS Photo Editor screenshot help?...

I'd like to make some mods CMMOS compatible (DIY) & I need some help. I know how to take a screenshot (Printscreen key then minimize CM) but I don't know how to bring the screenshot up using Microsoft Photo Editor (to resize it). I know that using Irfanview the command is Ctrl & V but I don't want to download Irfanview if I can do the same job with Microsoft Photo Editor. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Please & thanks.

In Irfanview it is Ctrl & F11 as the default. Of course you can name your folders and take loads of pics , resize etc, annotate all wthin Irfanview. I found the biggest help recently was the gamma correction as some screen shots are quite darkish.

I am of course biased to the fine Austrian who has been developing and updating it for free these last 5 years or so.[and such a tiny file!]

Any paint program should have an EDIT section, this is usually where the PASTE command options are. So I'd suggest looking there and you should also find there what the hot keys are for doing this procedure.

If you get my drift you need to paste a screen capture into what ever graphic program your using.

If your using the windows print screen method, you get to save only one capture at a time, so you have to save that capture before taking another one or it'll get overwritten.

Also note that using the copy command will also overwrite any previous screen capture.

If you want to save multiple screen captures, you'll need third party programs like the ones mentioned above.

Okay so after I hit the print screen key, how do I go about saving the screen capture (what keys do I hit)? I still want to try to use MS photo editor as I don't quite trust some of these Irfanview mirror sites (may end up getting more than I bargained for :eek: )

Thanks again.

I think you will find sites like www.tucows.com, and www.zdnet.com extremely highly respected. I see that 3777 people downloaded Irfanview from zdnet last week and 2.6 million copies in total so far from just them.

And Tucows .......

"Introduction to Tucows

The original software download site, Tucows.com, earned its name early on for being the first to provide software on a "freeware" or "shareware" basis.

We currently host more than 40,000 software titles (all tested, rated and reviewed by our own editorial staff of software experts) through our international network of more than 1,000 partner sites. [more]

If you only use Irfanview for the capture it is still excellent ..............

I'd forget about hot keys for the moment.

So your in say, cmak and ya tap the print screen key to save a screen shot, you'll then have to go into Microsoft Photo Editor and find the EDIT section, in there you should see a PASTE option with more then likley sub-options I don't know want it would be referred to in this program, I know paint shop pro I use "paste as a new selection".

You can use the windows paint program also, just tap print screen and then go into the windows paint program, then go to the EDIT section then click on PASTE.