Plotting movement sometimes erratic. Bug?

BeWary

Sometimes when trying to plot placement or movement orders, usually from the 5 or 6 viewpoint (i.e. straight down view), the movement line that follows the mouse cursor around the screen jumps all over the map. For example, I point to one location, probably 3 meters from my unit, and hit M to plot movement to it. Then I move my mouse a millimeter to the right, and the movement line jumps off the screen and goes somewhere else far away on the map. This happens a lot, but not always. When it does, the lines jumps all around with each simple mouse movement. It can make it very difficult to plot a simple order!

I'm using Win98SE and a TNT card with very recent Detonator 3 drivers. I'm not using special cursors.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking it might be my video card drivers, but who knows?

Thanks,

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

I only have this problem when plotting movements into buildings.

Sometimes the mouse is hightly erratic.

One way I have found to fix this is to lower your camera view to ground level when plotting lines start jumping around.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Thanks for the replies guys. At least I know I'm not the only one. It has happened most for me when plotting movements in buildings, and sometimes in hilly terrain too. I too have found that going to level 1 or 2 lets me plot the movement correctly, but it is harder to plot fine control from that angle. It probably is a glitch then.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.