Movie Replay Problems

I have a problem with playing movies from my pbem opponents.

1. Hitting the play button sends the time counter to 60 seconds immediately and no units move.

2. Hitting fast forward will move me ahead in 10 sec chunks and units will move and results will happen, but hit the play button and it will shoot to the end of the movie again.

3. Now, before this, there was a couple of times where after hitting FF once, and then start, that the movie would play as normal, but this does not occur anymore.

I have become resigned to reloading the game and everything all over again, but I was just wondering if I am the only report of something like this. I searched, but nothing seemed to come up to fit the bill, so to speak.

A number of the 'movie replay' problems are related to the video drivers. I assume that you're on a PC; what video card do you have and what driver version is loaded up for it ? You may need to kill any programs/utilities that are running in the background since some of these can sometimes interfere with CM's movie playback (or just general functionality/speed).

ATI Mobility M6

Driver 6.13.10.6015

This is the first time that I have had this problem, and I have been running on this system for over 6 months. The only odd thing that I can think of, is that I was running AOL at the same time as CM, since I was really churning moves out and receiving at the same time. I will try without AOL in the background and see what is up.

Well, the problem was with my habit of not shutting down my laptop, but merely putting it into hibernation by shutting the lid. Evidently this was the cause of the problem, because last night I shut it down and now the movie is working correctly. I guess that should be a warning for other laptop users, at least. Thanks for the time.