Color sources - Panzer Lehr AFVs and Tanks?

Planned to post this in the CMBO section but not sure how much attention that gets compared to here.

Does anyone have any or any idea what might contain them?

I have heard of the Panzer Colour books by Culver (Vols 1-3) and don't know if they contain any?

I have also seen this site:

http://bsdi.usppp.com/wwiiscalemodels/schemes/panzertarnung.html

which shows a Pz IV in use with the Lehr. They are artists impressions from what I can gather and I just want to ensure they are accurate (ish). I'm also wondering whether they would tend

to 'field camo' all their vehicles the same way (e.g. Panthers, IVs and JagdPanthers) or whether they may paint some up in 'ambush' pattern?

IIRC at this stage of the war virtually all tanks etc were given a main coat of dunkelgelb yellow and then shades of green and/or brown

over the top. I'm tyring to hang back from using the (IMHO for historical accuracy - overused) ambush pattern.

I am in possesion of all three volumes of "Panzer Colors", but I believe mine were published by "Squadron/Signal Publications", back in the late '70s, which could be a subsidiary of Culver.

I will have to wait until I return home today to check for you. Not sure if there are Panzer Lehr specific renditions. From what I recall from my model making days, a lot of vehicles were field painted with oversprays or brushed on shades of brown and green, either mottled patterns of various striped patterns to break up the outline.

IIRC the ambush scheme was unique to the west and put mainly on Panthers, Tiger VI's and Hetzers or StuGs, and I am pretty sure that scheme was applied in a controlled setting due to the complexity of it.

Anyway, enough long windedness, if you dont get the info you need today, I will check it out for you tonight.

Tanks of World War 2, Jean Restayn, Histoire & Collections, has a 1944 Panzer-Lehr PzKpfw IV Ausf H from 3rd Coy, I./Pz.Rgt 130 in the following camo scheme: "green camouflage on a sand background". The green is a wispy vertical pattern, with the sand colour predominant.

Panzer Colors Vol II, has a Panzer Lehr MkIV rendition that is very similar to the one on the website, its the same tank number actually, from the right side though

If you stick to dunkelgelb with mottled green or brown or both on your mods you should be OK.

The Squadron/Signal book "PzKWIV in Action" Shows similar dunkelgelb with either brown or green mottled camoflage or combinations of all three, on both the Eastern and Western fronts, From late 1943 till the end.

[ March 15, 2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Thanks. I initially thought it was a two tone green cam but it does look like it's built up on d/gelb. It's just that the green and brown used do seem to obscure much of the d/delb with this one.

Michael - anything from the other book you mentioned?