New Scenario - "Heights - Race for the Heights" at SD (fixed)

Hello all

UPDATE -- the problem DL'ing this scenario has been fixed. Bannon, 5/27/05. :D

Just added this one to the Scenario Depot.

Setting: Heavily urban map. Steep terrain. Maze-like (but not crazy) street layout. Map size is 960 x 720 which is not very big. "Medium" by CM standards. Play as Americans.

Situation: Fictional. Americans have broken through the German line and have organized a light armored task force to exploit. Arriving on the outskirts of the city, they realize they have taken the defending Germans by surprize. Now, they must use a combination of speed and brute force to achieve their objectives.

This is one of three unrelated battles based on the "Heights" map. Other two are under development and/or being playtested.

Thanks to playtesters at TPG. Comments welcomed.

Have fun,

Bannon smile.gif

[ May 27, 2005, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Bannon DC ]

Regarding downloading --

I included a note in the Author's Comments section when I originally posted the scenario:

IF TROUBLE DOWNLOADING, RIGHT CLICK ON "DOWNLOAD" BUTTON AND SELECT "SAVE TARGET AS." EASY.

For some reason, most, but not all :confused: , of the scenarios I post to SD have this issue. The step above easily gets the download to work. Next time, I will include the trouble downloading message in my post (will modify original post).

Please try to download again. Have fun. Comments welcomed. :cool:

Originally posted by Bannon DC:

Regarding downloading --

I included a note in the Author's Comments section when I originally posted the scenario:

IF TROUBLE DOWNLOADING, RIGHT CLICK ON "DOWNLOAD" BUTTON AND SELECT "SAVE TARGET AS." EASY.

For some reason, most, but not all :confused: , of the scenarios I post to SD have this issue. The step above easily gets the download to work. Next time, I will include the trouble downloading message in my post (will modify original post).

Please try to download again. Have fun. Comments welcomed. :cool:

I tried that. Didn't work. Got a 0 bytes file... :mad:

To all:

You can DL from The Proving Grounds for now.

Heights -- DL from TPG

I tried to upload to SD this moring, but I still got the 0k file. I have emailed the Admiral and he should fix that problem sometime soon.

This scenario is "finished" and has been playtested a number of times. Final version is posted at TPG (v 1.2). Would still like to know how you do.

Europa: Thanks for the feedback. I would not have known there was a problem otherwise. smile.gif

Berlichtingen: Forgot to mention -- thanks for the playtest and the review. I named the churches in the town after the play testers. St. Berlichtingen would be proud. ;)

[ May 23, 2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Bannon DC ]

Simovitch -- Regarding Tin Can Alley -- yes, I checked that this morning as well. Emailed Keith file to post. Tin Can Alley is "finished" but still resides at The Proving Grounds. In meantime:

DL "Tin Can Alley" at TPG

Berlichtingen -- I was going to ask you the origin of the name. What's the skinny? Did I cannonize a devil? redface.gif Ehehehe

Junk -- speaking of devils... it could be MSN; they are the root of all evil. ;) Who knows. I stopped by the MSN update page and ran a number of their small patches. Doubt it will help.

Thanks for your patience, everbody. smile.gif

Everyone --

Sorry this turned into a technical support thread. redface.gif

I purchased a zip utility and reposted these problem files as .zip's. Thanks for the tip, Junk.

Sorry to those who wasted time trying to DL them... 200 plus attempts.

Well... now you can finally play them. :D:D