So how long will it take for DavidI to put snow on MikeyD's Tiger?

Actually, a few come to my mind:

ostfrontjuni19441ai.th.jpg

PzGrenDiv "Großdeutschland" - Eastern Front, June 1944

spzabt510ostfrontjuli19445iy.th.jpg

sPzAbt 510 - Eastern Front, July 1944

ssspzabt501normandiejuli19441r.th.jpg

sSS-PzAbt 501 - Normandy, July 1944

spzabt505russlandfebruar19443k.jpg

sPzAbt 505 - Russia, February 1944

And my all-time favorite (the pattern we should have had in-game):

ssspzabt502normandiejuni19446q.th.jpg

sSS-PzAbt 502 - Normandy, June 1944

There are a few other late pics I have, but those are 'hybrid' Tigers - and we'll have to wait for MikeyD to make us early turrets... ;)

Earl Grey, I'm a bit suspicious of those drawings. I rather suspect some of those 'Eastern Front' late Tiger patterns are more applicable to mid-production vehicles (a.k.a., my upcomning mod).

Its been funny, while looking over my reference photos the vast bulk of Eastern front Tiger Is retain the original dished roadwheels, while most of the photos of Tigers brewed-up in Italy and NW Europe appear to be late steel wheel vehicles! Of course this trend tends to break down the tighter the noose tightens around Berlin.

I had planned all along to do several camou schemes for the late Tiger I. And now the CMBB side is complaining that with the skirts gone they can see the driver's butt sticking out the side (there's no driver in the CMAk vehicle). So more late Tiger Is are planned.

- Oh, dang. I almost forgot to mention. Great looking snowy mod!

:D

[ June 08, 2006, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Well, my guess is the combat units painted their vehicles themselves - my reference pictures point in that direction - so there's a chance they used the same pattern on every vehicle. Sometimes the patterns seem to be factory-applied and therefore would explain similar patterns on different marks. But that's as far as I've come until now...

It's obviously difficult to judge whether or nor the captions under a picture are right or wrong, but most of my reference pictures come from reliable sources (as far as I can tell). The captiosn above is just what I could come up with and what my research allowed for. If someone proves me wrong, so be it. Camouflage patterns are a hobby of mine and I always try come nearer to the truth...

Is there any chance then I'm gonna see one (or more) of those above patterns? I'd do it myself, but I'm not anywhere near good enouhg for something oike that, I'm afraid...

If you're interested, I can post more pictures of quite irregular patterns for all the Tiger models - I've got quite a collection in these days! ;)