Getting Emails

Okay, this message might not really belong on this board, but I'm hoping that some of you guys can help me out here. I recently reformatted my HD, and, admittedly, was in over my head. It took me a long time to get things back up and running. Now, I've begun to try PBEM'ing. However, my email program (Microsoft's Outlook Express) has been acting funny since the formatting. Now, even when I'm connected to the 'net, if I want to check my mail, I have to click 'Send and Receive'. Instead of just contacting my server with the connection already established, the program hangs up, and redials. I know it's not a really big deal, just quite frustrating! Again, my apologies for posting this here, but many of you seem to be PC gurus!

------------------

"NO! There is no try..DO..or do not!"

~Yoda, Empire Strikes Back 1980

I assume you're using Win98. This is a possible solution, but it may very well be something else.

Go to Control Panel > Internet Options control panel > Connections tab. The dial up connections you have created will be here. Below the list of possible connections are some radio buttons. Select "Never Dial a Connection" (or the one below it possibly).

This might solve the problem, but I think I've seen times where this didn't affect the problem either.

Well..I am using Win98, but your ideas didn't help me. However, I did find out a way to accomplish what I was shooting for. All I have to do now is press F5, and that is the 'refresh' command. I guess it's the one that checks for new mail, and sends everything in the outbox. Thanks for trying! smile.gif

------------------

"NO! There is no try..DO..or do not!"

~Yoda, Empire Strikes Back 1980