(Infantry) Jaeger companies?

I've not come across these before. How would they be used historically? Would any be assigned to PzG or WSS Pz divisions?

I am trying to find the closest to the Russian equivalent of SMg squads in the game. Closest I can find are these and, perhaps, some of the SS or PzG units which have slightly higher numbers of SMGs? Presumably the LMG was still the lyncnpin of the squads in late war and it seems the Germans did not go in for heavily SMG armed 'assault' type squads?

The Gebirgjager and SkiJaeger infantry squads have the same TO&E as a regular Jaeger squad, making all 3 the most heavily SMG armed squads available in CMAK.

The one German unit that comes closest to a Russian SMG squad is the CMBO Volksgrenadier SMG squad. 8 men all armed with MP-40s.

Jäger units were light infantry. They were somewhat of a holdover from an earlier era, but their function, so far as they had a specialized one in WW II, was that they were more mobile in rough terrain. I think some were employed in Yugoslavia for a while.

Like the Gebirgsjägers, their artillery was lighter and could be broken down into parts that could be carried on pack animals.

Michael