No Vickers MG?

Ubique

I am only in the early stages of playing CMAK, but I noticed in the 'Brits at Anzio' scenario, that the mod of a British soldier with a Vickers HMG actually shows him with a US Browning water-cooled version HMG. Is this an error, will it be corrected - or has it already been done so somewhere?

Originally posted by Ubique:

I am only in the early stages of playing CMAK, but I noticed in the 'Brits at Anzio' scenario, that the mod of a British soldier with a Vickers HMG actually shows him with a US Browning water-cooled version HMG. Is this an error, will it be corrected - or has it already been done so somewhere?

it's been mentioned before. I realized the gunrack image was incorrect but didn't notice the actual 3D model was incorrect til I actually got the game.

Also, the MG on the British MG Jeep is incorrect - the unit data lists a Browning Five Oh, but the 3D model in game shows a .30 calibre M1919.

Originally posted by Mark Gallear:

Only special forces - such as SAS armed jeeps which are not reprsented in the game and Airborne with the Vickers and I'm not sure if they were used in this theatre.

Everday Jeeps were used for liasion rather than scouting and were not armed. I have not spotted this one in the list.

I would actually remove the MG Jeeps from the Canadian arsenal entirely, I've never heard of one carrying an MG. Modern Canadian MV collectors love to festoon their Willys' with radios and MGs but it really wasn't that way at all.