Reluctancy to button up

Sergei

ISTR thre were complaints about what were thought to be the unseemly haste with which tanks buttoned in BB, thus losing critical spotting abilities. BFC did a tweak and may have overshot the mark a little. I don't know, this may be something that's hard to get just right in the AI.

Suggest that you manually button them if you think contact is imminent. Also, as long as they are likely to get shot at, rebutton them in each orders phase to discourage them from popping out at an awkward moment. I noticed that in the demo, some of my Ami TCs unbuttoned in the middle of an action phase anyway in spite of my ordering them otherwise. One of them got shot too.

Michael

Suggest that you manually button them if you think contact is imminent. Also, as long as they are likely to get shot at, rebutton them in each orders phase to discourage them from popping out at an awkward moment.
Well, that'll work. But, in the armor intensive environment of NA, this could turn into a lot of micro labor. I'd rather BFC revisit the buttoning routines in an update.

Thre will be one, right?

One hopes so, but I am gathering the impression that BFC is getting really antsy to get on with turning out the engine rewrite soonest. Don't be surprised if in response to customer calls for patches on existing games this is held up to be the solution to all our problems.

Is this the way I would do it? No, but then as I've always said, if I was doing it we'd all still be waiting for CMBO.

;):D

Michael