CMx2 and Importing terrain...

I've read that the terrain for CM@ will be far more detailed and on a smaller scale.

Is there any detail on whether you will be able to import or edit models, particularly buildings.

I once saw a programme called canomia(?) which let you paste photos on the sides of boxes and the like to make photo realistic buildings, ( you basicallyy took photos from all four sides of a house and pasted them on).

Although it was pretty expensive a similiar approach would br great for re creating historical scenarios from photos or even doing your "Home Town".

Over the yeas i've done three or four models of the couple of square miles around my house, but the limited pallet in CM means that though it plays well it never really looks that great.

A bigger palette of terrain and easier editing with cut and paste would be ideal.

Peter.

it was an OLD piece of software called Canoma smile.gif

Its appears to be no longer supported or sold.

To answer your question "I don't know" smile.gif

-tom w

web page

To our valued customers, shareholders, distributors and followers, PLEASE NOTE THAT METASTREAM CORPORATION HAS RECENTLY CHANGED ITS NAME TO VIEWPOINT CORPORATION

We appreciate your patience during our transition period. As most of you know, MetaCreations announced its intention to divest its prepackaged graphics software products back in December 1999 to focus solely on the Metastream, now Viewpoint technology.

A list of new owners of the products and contact information for technical support is detailed below. Because the best features of the InfiniD and RayDream products were incorporated into Carrara, those two products have been discontinued and will no longer be supported. In addition, Canoma will no longer be supported.

http://www.metacreations.com/products/canoma/

Former MetaCreations Products

For information on the following products, please contact:

COREL - www.corel.com

Painter

Kai's Power Tools

Bryce

Vector Effects

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

I've read that the terrain for CM@ will be far more detailed and on a smaller scale.

Is there any detail on whether you will be able to import or edit models, particularly buildings.

I once saw a programme called canomia(?) which let you paste photos on the sides of boxes and the like to make photo realistic buildings, ( you basicallyy took photos from all four sides of a house and pasted them on).

Although it was pretty expensive a similiar approach would br great for re creating historical scenarios from photos or even doing your "Home Town".

Over the yeas i've done three or four models of the couple of square miles around my house, but the limited pallet in CM means that though it plays well it never really looks that great.

A bigger palette of terrain and easier editing with cut and paste would be ideal.

Peter.

[ August 24, 2005, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

it was an OLD piece of software called Canoma smile.gif

web page

To our valued customers, shareholders, distributors and followers, PLEASE NOTE THAT METASTREAM CORPORATION HAS RECENTLY CHANGED ITS NAME TO VIEWPOINT CORPORATION

We appreciate your patience during our transition period. As most of you know, MetaCreations announced its intention to divest its prepackaged graphics software products back in December 1999 to focus solely on the Metastream, now Viewpoint technology.

A list of new owners of the products and contact information for technical support is detailed below. Because the best features of the InfiniD and RayDream products were incorporated into Carrara, those two products have been discontinued and will no longer be supported. In addition, Canoma will no longer be supported.

http://www.metacreations.com/products/canoma/

Former MetaCreations Products

For information on the following products, please contact:

COREL - www.corel.com

Painter

Kai's Power Tools

Bryce

Vector Effects

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

Peter.