Me-110 sold at 600+ pts at 100%

Originally posted by Panzerman:

That and the fact that Me-110's were uses more and more as night fighters after mid 1942. There were not that many of them used after they were found to be unable to deal with the threat of allied fighters.

OK, I'll buy that.

While on the subject of rarity: howcome in a 1000pt ME the British get several Matildas or other hard to kill variants plus lighter stuff while the Germans get two PzKw-III's with short 50mm plus some assorted lighter vehicles. The guestion is: are the rarities based on in-theater forces or more general criteria ? AFAIK DAK sailed with a generous assortment of vehicles (relatively speaking) and what was rarer in other theaters was much more common in DAK. By the same token the British Matildas were not as common as your garden variety Cruisers and Crusaders.

Originally posted by Tero:

While on the subject of rarity: howcome in a 1000pt ME the British get several Matildas or other hard to kill variants plus lighter stuff while the Germans get two PzKw-III's with short 50mm plus some assorted lighter vehicles. The guestion is: are the rarities based on in-theater forces or more general criteria ? AFAIK DAK sailed with a generous assortment of vehicles (relatively speaking) and what was rarer in other theaters was much more common in DAK. By the same token the British Matildas were not as common as your garden variety Cruisers and Crusaders.

The current rarity setup in our experience unbalances CMAK QBs unless anticipated. In the early war the Brits almost always get very cheap Matildas (on Variable) and in the mid-late war the Germans get very cheap Tigers. We usually agree before that both types are not purchasable because they will ruin the game.

One other last rule use if we are playing early war is to ban 20mm ATRs and AA guns - especially for the Italians who can buy AA guns at @ just 15 points each :eek: These ATRs and AA guns in CMAK will shred Cruisers, whereas in my reading I can't recall it being such a problem. With a 20mm ATR/Gun and Matilda ban in place you can get a reasonable and balanced game with the commonly seen combination of Cruisers v's PZIIIs or M13s.