Tell us of the different behaviour of the AI as a friend or foe

I hope that people will post information regarding the different behaviour of the AI from the perspective of both sides in the same situation.

Had my first run as the Americans tonight, boy it is hard on the neck wearing that 10 gallon hat ;)

My example relates to the behaviour of the Sherman AI.

As the foe...

The tanks used a lot of machine gun fire on buildings but not canon except in one battle that I can remember. They used canon on the infantry in fox holes. But did not seem to target the buildings with canon fire. Even when they knew an AT team was in the building 5 tanks would target it but only with machine gun.

As my friend smile.gif ...

The tanks made match wood out of any building suspected of harbouring a German :D All this without manual targeting. In 5 or so minutes after infantry contact they had made rubble out of 3 (maybe 4) buildings. BOOM

The foe experience could be as a result from the fact that I rarely use buildings as they seem to be a death trap for the occupants when attacked by infantry.

The computed opponents probably gives area fire or direct fire commands and then "answeres" the question "use main gun" with "no". Somewhat historical for suspected positions of unknown enemies, you spray it with MG fire.

Obviously, you would invest main gun ammo if you knew there's a Schreck in the house.

But BFC probably programmed the computed opponent so that it preserves main gun ammo. In lack of good judgement it has to, otherwise it will run out of ammo in every battle.

The foe experience could be as a result from the fact that I rarely use buildings as they seem to be a death trap for the occupants when attacked by infantry. [/QB]
You've noticed that, too? I've wondered for a while now why infantry in buildings so easily take casualties from other infantry or from MGs.