CMAK quick guide

The battlefront.com "Products" section offers a CMAK/CMBB bundle that includes a CMAK quick guide "32 page printed CMAK Quick Guide with removable Quick Reference Card plus 210+ page PDF manual". I've had CMBB for years but finally am going to buy CMAK.

Is the Quick Guide available separately? It doesn't seem to be. I would much rather buy it from BFC than from another site.

Don't know about the Quick Guide, but one thing I would recommend is that you buy the CMAK companion.

A bit expensive for what it is, and I hate the typeface, but it's a really nice selection of excerpts geared to scenarios that you will play in the game. And what happens is that you'll end up going to Amazon and buying the source material for the book. So all in all I recommend it highly as a study guide.

As an aside, it lead me to read Alan Moorehead' war writing for the first time, which was a real treat because I love his books on the White Nile and the Blue Nile.

Silvio Manuel,

The Quick Guide is primarily a crash course on how the game commands work. It is virtually identical

to what's in your CMBB manual, but dust and some other things have been added. The card is simply a visual summary of the key commands. The Companion is a treat in terms of content, but the spindly font is tough on the eyes to unreadable when tired, at least through my bifocals.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...

Silvio,

You're welcome. Having just located mine, I should also tell you that it explains PC and Mac installation, provides a tutorial (complete with one of my favorite Up Front Mauldin cartoons) and explains basic troubleshooting techniques. The inside of the front cover is devoted to explaining Leadership Icons, Morale, Setup Phase Orders and Fire Orders. The back covers address Move orders for Men and Vehicles, display Hotkeys and Game Hotkeys.

Regards,

John Kettler