Just bought an ibook....

.... have it on lay buy and even though it's number one function is to be a uni computer smile.gif (Very powerful type writer), just wondering how CMBO and CMBB would run on it. Experiences etc. I've made sure and it can boot up in OS9

Specs :

800 MHz PowerPC G3

512K L2 cache @ 800MHz

128MB SDRAM memory

30GB Ultra ATA drive

ATI Radeon 7500

32MB dedicated video memory

Combo Drive

Built-in 56K v.92 modem

AirPort ready

Up to 5 hr. battery life

Product Code : M8861LL/A

Cheers in advance.

It should run just fine. There was a thread in the general forum a couple of monsths ago that was about just this subject. I would search for it and email the gentleman that bought one to see how he feels about his purchase.

I would buy the 14", as the larger size of the screen makes it much more pleasant to use for all tasks. Get the maximum amount of memory, not from Apple, you can buy it locally or by mail much cheaper (Ramseeker.com) as it is not proprietary. Enjoy.

Just had a email confirmation from Apple myself that my 12" iBook ( 800mhz/ 32MB Radeon 7500 / 40GHD ) is on its way..same too with an extra 512MB RAM stick from OWC.

The things i will do for ModSluts.....its just immoral ;)

This wee baby will hopefully keep me from going LaLa when working nightshift from now on smile.gif as there is nothing worse than wandering around the factory floor when i KNOW i should be in front of my mac doing digital doodles :D

Regards

Måkjager