*"Western Europe" Uniform Mods Posted!*

Originally posted by Jaws:

Can you tell me how if you have a mod to make the German trousers also grey in July 1943 :confused:

I wasn't planning on it. You could alway renumber the trousers for the winter version of the mod, as they're the same color as the tunic.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jaws:

Can you tell me how if you have a mod to make the German trousers also grey in July 1943 :confused:

I wasn't planning on it. You could alway renumber the trousers for the winter version of the mod, as they're the same color as the tunic. </font>

• 10 months later...

Gurra,

THE most common winter uniform for all sides was the long length wool overcoat. Unfortunately the hard coded figures don't allow you to show this. In '44 the Germans issued a large number of cammo, reversable suits. They were popular, but for the most part were issued to frontline infantry. But again, take a look at German footage from the Bulge and you will see overcoats 90% of the time.

Jaws,

The German Panzer grenadiers had a change in their leg BMPs. Drop me a email - to remind me - and I'll send you the BMP #, or if you would like, just properly numbered legs.

DavidI

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Somone should do a "plastic army man" mod where all the soldiers and their faces and weapons are one flat color, say green or gray or tan, so that they look like plastic army men. After all, CM is kinda like playing with really cool army men and tanks and stuff, isn't it? smile.gif

I actually tried this (yes I realize this thread is a year old, so sue me). I didn't like the way it worked out.

I have taken some of the FoxMods for uniforms, and brightened the colours, though - now instead of shades of grey, the colours are distinct - like the old BRITAINS toy soldiers, the hand painted ones? Much easier to identify soldiers on the battlefield now and does make it seem like the toy soldiers have come to life, while still being "realistic".