Another addon for the *ModSlutSmack* small arms pack: FG-42

Hi all,

Just updated my ModSlutSmack small arms pack again.

This time with a new optional FG-42 Assault rifle. This replaces the MP-44.

I tried to make an option that could alternatively replace the MP-40 as well, but ran into scale problems since the MP-40 is almost 11 centimeters shorter).

The FG-42 is also available as a very small separate download for those of you who already have the pack.

In ModSlut heaven as usual.

There's a picture on the CM:AK page of my website as well (second pic from the top)

BTW, does anyone have any interesting other ideas for gun replacements? Mind you, I'm not looking for variants for guns I've already done, I want new weapons.

[ June 18, 2004, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Thanks guys!

Ed, yes, I've made some changes on the site. Dark background's easier on the eyes, and the pictures just come out that much better.

Elmar: I've always wondered what the SMLE is, exactly. As opposed to the 'standard' Enfield, that is. What's different? Who used it? When?

These may seem like a dumb questions coming from me, but although I keep on coming with small arms mods, I really don't know the first thing about them. It's true! The closest I've ever been to a fully functional small-arm, is when a policeman happens to walk by me. :D

The Short Magazine Lee Enfield Mk3 was the standard rifle of the Commonwealth untill it was replaced by the Mk4 from '41 onwards but it saw service throughout the war with various forces. It's easily distinguished from it's sucesor by it's stubby nose, as opposed to the barrel sticking out at the from the Mk4.

It was the main rifle used in the North Africa campaign and is also remembered for it's enormous bajonet, as opposed to the triangular spike fitted onto the Mk4. Definitly worth including as an option IMO as it was very common.

A pair of sites that a quick google turned up.

http://www.britishairborne.org/enfield.html

http://members.optushome.com.au/lee-enfield/SMLE.html

Note also the scope on the third image down on the first page. (hint, hint) ;)

I never did a pac mod. I did do some requests for others who have made pac mods. And the Enfields for CM:AK are enhanced versions of the CM:BO mod.

Anyway, thanks for the info Elmar. Sounds like fun, I'll give it a go.

But don't hold your breath on that scope, though! smile.gif

Oh, and do you (or anyone else) know the length (in centimeters) for both the SMLE and the standard game Enfield?

Edit: nevermind, already found them. smile.gif

'Nother Edit: I'm confused. Elmar, check your mailbox, please.

[ June 19, 2004, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]