More CMx2 Wishlist .

Paul AU

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I seem to recall some hex game that you had to keep a line of supply open to the rear. Rail lines allowed quicker supply or resupply.

Was that a tactical game? That kind of rule has been around forever in operational/strategic games, but I never came across it in a tactical game.

Michael

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Redwolf:

The concern that a unit will stop one meter short of LOS is valid and fixing it fixes unrealism. It is a very common thing to tell a soldier or a tank to "go there until you can spot the enemy line". It is not overly fine-tuning the command mechanism, it is an integral part, much more basic than e.g. control when to run and when to walk.

Hmm, would a command "Move to this point and then seek LOS to this point, but do not move out of this (player-defined) area" work? I dunno...

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Hmm, would a command "Move to this point and then seek LOS to this point, but do not move out of this (player-defined) area" work? I dunno...

It might also be handled by defining each units footprint as an oval or circle, rather than a point. Then as long as any part of the footprint has loss, so does the unit. Since CMx2 is going to 1:1 reso anyway, this change would seem likely(?).

Jon

• 5 months later...