This is a problem.........I think

legend42

Unless Im doing something seriously wrong,I went into the scenario editor and deleted all units from the scenario "Knifefight at Cecina" because I loved the map.Changed the set up zones so the allies are attcking from the west into the town.Gave the axis most of the town and beyond.So I select qb,allied attck, and import the map and let the comp randomly select forces.But for an unknown reason the allies always face the west to begin(they should be facing east since they are attcking east),the axis should be facing west but they are not they are facing the east and they are setting up like the attck is coming from the east with minefeilds out in front and bunkers facing the wrong way and so on.Ive experimented with all the params and friendly sides and so on and cant make this work.Ive done the same thing with the scenario "The Ridge" and have had no problem, everything faces the right way.However I have had the same problem with "The Grand Blvd" quick battle map.The thing in common with both maps that I cant get the axis to face the right way is the maps are east to west attacks.The Ridge is south to north.What the hell am I doing wrong?

Kestrl your missing the point, goto the scenario editor delete all the units from Knifefight at Cecina and import that map into a qb.Then look at how they are facing, its all backwards, thats not normal,the defending bunkers should be facing me, not away from me, teat it yourself and see, im not saying its a bug,im saying what am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by legend42:

Kestrl your missing the point, goto the scenario editor delete all the units from Knifefight at Cecina and import that map into a qb.Then look at how they are facing, its all backwards, thats not normal,the defending bunkers should be facing me, not away from me, teat it yourself and see, im not saying its a bug,im saying what am I doing wrong?

Same thing as I said about in the last thread on this you posted. You need to change the 'friendly side' and 'attacker comes from' settings.

Originally posted by legend42:

sodball, if you mean the map edges friendly too section, ive tried every combination, nothing turns the axis or the allies in the right direction, as far as the attacker comes from direction, i dont see that on my screen

I cracked it first time with the "Map edges friendly to" function in the scenario editor - I just reversed the polarity (good old Star Trek!) and it worked. If you want me to email you my working copy, let me know here. The 'map edges friendly to' function is what controls the facing of the units which start on the map.

If you buy units in the editor they will follow whatever is set in the friendly map edges screen. Note each side must have at least one friendly map edge.

Once you load it into a QB, you lose control of that. CM resets it to default, whatever the default is for that particular iteration.

Net effect--if you want a qb map, set the map edges to the defaults rather than fight the tide. Maps with lots of odd angles like that one are not good for QBs.

WWB