Damn this game

Originally posted by Pinetree:

Nope,it was an Aussie boat,OneAustralia or somefink like that,sunk in about 30 seconds flat.A bit scary at the time,rather humourous afterwards. tongue.gif

Isn't funny how everytime someone gets our two nationalities mixed up on these forums,the Anzacs are quick to correct the poor fella and even quicker at start hurling insults at each other. :D

I stand corrected - at least we got it away from the yanks.

Having stood on The Nek and looked across at Chunuk Bair, I feel a certain closeness to you guys and I think the mutual jibes mark our respect for each other.

(besides I’ve got to be nice because you guys currently hold the Bledisloe and I can’t take the moral high ground until after we have taken it back).

Having stood on The Nek and looked across at Chunuk Bair, I feel a certain closeness to you guys and I think the mutual jibes mark our respect for each other
I was there for Anzac Day '99.As i walked up Shrapnel Valley and onto Quinn's Post,I felt nothing but awe for the original Anzacs.At the piss-up afterwards at the Vegemite Bar in Eceabat I felt a certain closeness with you bloody aussies as well(esp. a certain brunette from Melbourne, but i digress ;) ).You're all a bunch of alcloholic convicts but good fun to be around. :D And yers can play a mean game of rugger as well. :cool:

Originally posted by Pinetree:

I was there for Anzac Day '99.As i walked up Shrapnel Valley and onto Quinn's Post,I felt nothing but awe for the original Anzacs.

I’ve been there twice (2000 and 2002) and have a relative at Quinn’s (SGT Gibson, 1st Light Horse). I was amazed a how close together the Aust and Turkish trenches were. The cemeteries are either side of the road (7m apart at most).

Originally posted by JonS:

Oh come on Jim! Stop trying to BS him - we all know you don't really talk. It's more like a poorly strung together series of whines, "mate!"s and baa's. Next you'll be trying to tell us that Phar Lap is an Aussie, or sumfink. :rolleyes:

Been watching too much Kath & Kim methinks. I gather it's a huge hit in N.Z. where it's commonly regarding as depicting a "typical" family. :eek:

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Mmmm. Fine trophy, that is. Fine arse-kicking the aussies got, too. :D

“Kicking” being the operative word. </font>

Now what was I reading about that new bra the Australian rugby team is sponsering....

It's all green and gold, got bags of support, but has no cups!

<grins>

Comm'on. It's not often us Brits get to gloat at you guys let us enjoy the moment <g>

Originally posted by DaveR:

Now what was I reading about that new bra the Australian rugby team is sponsering....

It's all green and gold, got bags of support, but has no cups!

<grins>

Comm'on. It's not often us Brits get to gloat at you guys let us enjoy the moment <g>

And the six nations ?!

Next Target left - Cricket, Go on.

At least we give back trophies we loose. Why do you get to keep the Ashes win or loose? That little urn seems welded to Lords (even after you have lost it 4 or 5 times straight).

[ March 28, 2004, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]