Considering CM:AK

I used to play Combat Missions: Beyond Overlord alot a few years back. I am planning to buy AK or BB. I just want to know if, Afika Korps has the same/more features than Barborossa. Im downloading the demo, but I have dialup, so itll be a long few hours before im able to touch it.

Thanks in advance,

Combat

In BB you've got human wave attacks, factories, and Sturmtigers. And you get to invade either Stalingrad or Berlin!

In AK you've got dust clouds, English speaking voices, and early Brit Cruiser tanks! And you get to recreate most of the classic old CMBO scenaros with an improved game engine!

They're the same - but different. Definitely worth the price for both.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

In BB you've got ... Sturmtigers.

Speaking of which, how do you actually find SturmTigers in the editor? I've looked around for them (admittedly not extensively) and can't find them. Can someone give me an editor region and date where they available?

Thanks in advance!

Talk about not finding stuff, I recall some time ago I went on a looooong frustrating hunt through CMAK trying desperately to get my hands on the little 75mm pack howitzer. I eventually found it in the hands of the Airborne (when they're in the game) and Mountain troops. I was surprised the gun's use had been so restricted!

In CMBB the Sturmtigers are available, starting August/44.

Also for anyone interested, ya can access Jagdtigers starting in July/44.

Frankly as far as the editor goes, I can't recall ever seeing any problems or restrictions on units based on any of the main regions of Europe or the SU.

Of course there is with the Finland region, but if you set for "All Combined", then you can make battles with Finnish units along side, say, Romanians, Hungarians etc.

Plus have Germans with armor like KT's fighting along side Finnish Troops.