Help for the Belgian AFV info seeker

Couldn't find the appropriate thread, but whoever asked about Belgian AFVs needs to go to George Bradford's AFV NEWS site

AFV NEWS

The AFV Discussion Forum there is not only an excellent place to ask such an exotic question, but I happen to know for a fact that George Bradford himself has done extensive research on the topic and has built a bunch of models of these rare, little known AFVs. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if he answered your query personally.

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

Forgot to mention in my initial post the extremely useful BLITZKRIEG: Armour Camouflage and Markings, 1939-1940, by Steven J. Zaloga. It has a whole section on Belgium, many good photos, ORBAT data for Belgian armor, and several good color renderings of different Belgian AFVs, perfect for paint schemes and general markings.

[ February 21, 2004, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Thanks Paco you refound the original source of my question!

During the 1940 campaign eight vehicles formed an independent squadron of two platoons and fought some fierce and successful combats. Four vehicles fell victim to German 3.7cm PAK 35/36, two were abandoned after being bogged down and two finished the campaign more or less intact. This was the only "true" tank in the Belgian army. "True", meaning that this vehicle mounted a cannon as it's main weapon.