Demo vs full version

I'm sure this question has been asked before but rather than scoll through all the Cheery waffle threads(and that's a joke by the way) I figured I'd ask it anyway. Can you play TCP/IP or PBEM with the full version versus someone who only has the demo version? Obviously I'm only referring to the scenarios that came with the demo but I've got a friend who I'm trying to hook on this thing and he only has the demo version so far. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by WKA Buffpuff:

I'm sure this question has been asked before but rather than scoll through all the Cheery waffle threads(and that's a joke by the way) I figured I'd ask it anyway. Can you play TCP/IP or PBEM with the full version versus someone who only has the demo version? Obviously I'm only referring to the scenarios that came with the demo but I've got a friend who I'm trying to hook on this thing and he only has the demo version so far. Thanks in advance!

It would likely have to be the unpatched version of the full game, since you can't patch the demo...

Why not download the demo again and try it out for yourself?

Unfortunately for your situation, you can't pbem nor TCP/IP with a full version (unpatched or otherwise) with the demo. You can, of course, pbem and/or TCP/IP demo vs demo with the 2 included scenarios. The demo and the full version can reside happily on the same computer with no worries (just don't install the demo into the same directory as your full version!)