Moving Allied Units in the Editor

As Jason says if you mean moving on the map units, click and drag to surround but "place" command with the "p". Move requires rotate after and won't work in bulk.

When playing the game you will notice a group move with troops and tanks won't always have the tanks do what the troops are commanded to do.

I'm converting a BO scenario to AK. The units were placed on the map outside the setup zones. When I tried to move an entire platoon, I would draw the box around it, and click on the HQ. Then, only the HQ would move. Now, I drew the box around the platoon, hit P, but did not click a specific unit, and the entire platoon did move. Thanks.

Sanok, you can do what you tried to do by holding the shift key while you click specific units.

In other words:

1) draw a box to select some units

2) press & hold shift

3) click on any specific unit. This will either a) select that unit and make it the active one if it wasn't inside the box in step 1 or, B) unselect that unit from the step 1) group. All other units in the step 1 group will stay selected.

4) press p and blah blah

I use that method if I want to control the exact placement of a particular unit (eg the HQ) within a group.

Come to think of it, control and alt probably each do something specific too, but I've never bothered to experiment to figure out what.

Be cool

JonS

[ May 03, 2005, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by Sanok:

I'm converting a BO scenario to AK. The units were placed on the map outside the setup zones. When I tried to move an entire platoon, I would draw the box around it, and click on the HQ. Then, only the HQ would move. Now, I drew the box around the platoon, hit P, but did not click a specific unit, and the entire platoon did move. Thanks.

You can also double-click on the HQ, and every unit under its command will also be selected. Now type 'P' to place in new location.

This works best when you have several platoons all bunched up (like how reinforcements arrive in Ops) and want to quickly organize them.