AF's Italian Uniforms & Lolla Alla Morte scen

After installing Andrew Fox's excellent Italian Uniforms; I checked to see if the messed up uniforms of the Italian Airborne squads in Wayne Ruthlidge's "SMALL BATTLE-LOLLA ALLA MORTE" scenario has been fixed.

Sob.. Sob.. it is still messed up.

Please help ...or do somefink :(

I think I know what the problem is !!!

The scenario "Small Battles-Lolla Alla Morte" is dated September 20, 1944. The latest date you can get Italian units in QB is August 1943.

By September of 1944... IFRC, Italians had already surrendered... this forces the game to outfit the Italian Airborne squads with SS uniforms.

I wonder how the author of the scenario, Wayne Rutledge, managed to get Italian units into a secanrio dated September 1944.

Again this is just my hypothesis. ;) :confused:

Originally posted by Stingray:

I think I know what the problem is !!!

The scenario "Small Battles-Lolla Alla Morte" is dated September 20, 1944. The latest date you can get Italian units in QB is August 1943.

By September of 1944... IFRC, Italians had already surrendered... this forces the game to outfit the Italian Airborne squads with SS uniforms.

I wonder how the author of the scenario, Wayne Rutledge, managed to get Italian units into a secanrio dated September 1944.

Again this is just my hypothesis. ;) :confused:

Kobal has the technical answer below, these Italians were RSI, still fighting for Mussolini, the fascist dream and the so called 'Republic of Salo"

I also still have this weirdo commando (ripped clothes, German eagle on knees)in my game. I just checked "East of Elba" (a VERY good game vs the AI by-the-way) and yep, no cool looking Italian airborne guys, just this monster! :mad:

Double-checked my bmps, and can't seem to find this rogue bmp that is mucking up my Italian Airborne. :mad: I also tried a quick play but can never get Italian Airborne (Italy) to appear. Anyone have a scenario (besides East of Elba) that uses these guys? This way i can narrow down the problem (I hope).

Originally posted by tooz:

I also still have this weirdo commando (ripped clothes, German eagle on knees)in my game. I just checked "East of Elba" (a VERY good game vs the AI by-the-way) and yep, no cool looking Italian airborne guys, just this monster! :mad:

Thanks, after you've hunted down and killed this rogue BMP how about a review of old East of Elba?