CMAFK Sluggish on my Dell

Panta

Prior to buying CMAFK I have been playing CMBO. On my PC 1,5 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, NVidia GForce 32MB it runs well, but on my Dell 2,6 Mhz, 512MB RAM, Radeon VE, it flies!

Now, something curious: CMAFK, albeit looking somehow more demanding, flies on my PC 1,5 Mhz and runs sluggishly on my Dell...

I have downloaded the tweaking utility and disabled the Z-Mask on the latter, to no avail.

Has CMAFK been tuned for GForce, maybe?

Regards,

Panta

Had the same problem initially with my Dell. Here's what solved my problems:

Check your Graphics Card drivers. You have a different graphics card than I do (I have the GeForce Go 440), but as it turns out, for my card if you downloaded driver updates directly from NVida, your graphics card will not work as well. You need to download drivers directly from Dell. Apparently, there are some minor differences with the Dell GeForce cards that requrire slightly different drivers. The standard NVida drivers will work, but at substantially reduced frame rate in CMAK (and possibly other games as well, I don't know, CM is the only 3D game I play).

I don't know whether there are similar issues with Raedon-equipped Dell machines, but it's worth checking out.

Cheers,

YD