commanding your troops

MAUS_TD

hi all

i've a question about commanding your troops.

is it possible to let you really command your troops by adding a commander to your troops that is the reflection of you. So you can give orders

to your troops quicker then from your god mode chair behind your pc.

Lets say it takes a minute or more depending on your troop location a fullfill that order when you are on god mode on the other hand when you a with your troops they get there orders much quicker but that means that you can be killed and the battle ends.

I think thats even more realistic. I thought it went that way in real too

maus_td

Well in playing you don't really play the role of any single commander. Some orders you give might come from battalion HQ, some might come from the Coy, some from platoon HQs, some from squad leaders, and some might be individual vehicle drivers' or team leaders' inititives. So it wouldn't make sense for orders to propagate faster from the 'main' HQ honcho. Too many of the orders you give in the game actually represent lower level decisions.

It would be totally unrealistic to have everything end if the guy supposedly representing 'you' were hurt or killed. Armies have to be based on redundancy, because a lucky artillery round could kill anybody at any time. There must always be someone able to fill every commander's shoes at all time.

If you want to make a 'personal' appearence on the battlefield create a random map in the scenario generator, import a battalion, delete all the troops except the battalion commander, then hit the 'edit' button and change his name to yours. Then create a QB and import the map with the hq. Voila, there is a HQ unit representing you, but with random QB forces (And/or your worst enemy as the named opposing commander).

I'll sometimes do this against the AI and only watch the movie locked on the HQ. When issuing orders, one can look at the whole battlefield, imagining it is the result of runners coming in, but you have additional FOW as to how units got in their predicaments.